Tomorrow we board a plane headed for our baby girl! It is surreal. I am incredibly excited and, at the same time, a bit terrified. We will leave as the parents of 2 and return with a third human that we are responsible for… one that hasn’t spent the past 9 months listening to my voice and heartbeat. I think of how terrifying that would be for her. Being handed to strangers that look and sound strange. I have been praying so much for her little heart.
Many of you have been asking how you can pray specifically while we’re traveling and meeting Adia. Here are a few things that I can think of. Pray that…
- travel to all of our destinations in China is smooth and safe.
- all of us would be healthy.
- Iona and Ewen have a sweet time with Nana & Papa at home.
- Adia would grieve well, quickly attach to us, and not be fearful.
- we would quickly attach to Adia and learn how to best care for her.
- all our hearts would be knit together as a family… for the transition to a family of 5.
- we would be a picture of the gospel to those around us.
Thank you for journeying with us and praying for our family. It is the greatest gift you could give us!!!