Waiting to wait…

From the very beginning Jonathan and I have talked, prayed, dreamed and schemed about international adoption. The only question was, do we adopt first or have biological kids first. Having bio kids won… it was a bit more affordable. I can’t say we are much more financially ahead. This calling, however, has not diminished and, through lots of prayer, we feel the time is almost here to jump into this daunting adoption adventure.

Our hearts are drawn to bringing home a little girl from East Asia. I will tell you more about how we came to this decision sometime soon. But, suffice to say, we did a lot of praying and thinking. But we also know that God has a way of changing even the most well thought out plans. So we will keep praying and taking things one step at a time.

We hope to begin the process in October, but lets be honest, we are pretty much into this process already. I have started planning and pinning and researching all there is to know about international adoption. And we are filling out the 16 page application to see if we qualify to fill out more forms to see if we qualify (I’ve been told this will be our life for the next year and a half or so). We are also setting aside as much money as humanly possible! We are told the process will cost about $36,000. YIKES! We certainly don’t have that kind of money sitting around, so we will be doing a lot of FUNdraising.

In the mean time we wait to begin the waiting.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s